March 9, 2009

Moomba Pumba?

As been said I went to the moomba festival and it was crowded with people larh........

I thought since it was the 3rd day it wouldnt be that pack.Before I blabber away on pictures and nonsense.....I wanna tell you abit about Moomba festival. Alot of you who havent been in australia during this month there is this thing that they celebrate the closing end of summer. Moomba is actually an aboriginal word of "Lets get together and have fun". The Moomba Festival is a huge outdoor Melbourne festival which had its start in 1954 as a focus of city celebrations and activities. Traditionally it ends with a colorful street parade with floats, costumed participants. This is also known as the Moomba water festival.

So.......What do they do.........Firstly they have 4 days of outdoor carnival which no one shud miss out if you're here.........its super fun la....Its 100% better than our dodgy Msian carnival ( the only thing i like about melbourne) and those bears you win are not those ugly fugly ones you get in Msia that looks like its from some pasar malam. This ones are pretty nice and doesnt look much from pasar malam although I have to admit some of it looks and quality is from pasar malam. Other than that there is the fireworks for 3days at 930pm along the southyarra river, lotsa carnival foods, cotton candy, some waterski stunt acrobatic shows and ferris wheels and lots and lotsa people.

Bytheway...I didnt get to take much photos coz there was tooo many games and teddies that was distracting me from taking pictures. haha...Sorry la but somewhere deep down of me Im still a kid.

Beautiful colours everywhere the carnival

Ducky games. You collect more numbers and win

Myself eating cotton candy. Blurred pics...haih

Ermm...I dunno what you called it but its some super swings.

Along southyarra river overlooking the carnival while waiting for the fireworks to appear

I call this the blur effect...haha...me and mr derrick waiting for the fireworks to start

Myself and wood-something -dog ( its just hotdog and bread deep fried)
Got another disturbing photo of me eating the thing bt Im not gonna show u :p


The end part of the carnival overlooking the yarra river. Nice right.

I won this!!...This is a mini pink poney, I got the super duper big one just like that 2 years ago at the carnival. So now my poney got a baby poney hehe.

Bro won this with just one attempt...better than me finish aud100 and got tiny poney haih. Btw, Look like him right?

And I also won this 3 rascals. haha....

Maybe better luck next time. So "mm kam yuin" didnt win those super big ones this year. Prob need my darling to win those for me....huahuahua....So anyways those who havent been on melbourne carnival be sure to head down there next year and enjoy the fun, the colours, the food and the crowd. Weather is also splendid too as its about 13-15degrees so its just a nice breeze.

Gtg to site tmw at footscray. If Im still in the mood, might update you on pictures I took there.

Moonlight resonance time......Nites humans!

YouKnowYouLoveMe,
-SAM-

No comments: